Re: Ad-aware 6 SE buttons

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:46:24 -0400

The easiest way to find out what the buttons do is just to try it for
yourself, smile.  Just press the space bar on the buttons and listen to the
dialog that comes up.  It depends on what mode you are in what buttons you
have available. They are for ad-watch, settings, quarantine, web update,
about, and I think one is just a picture icon that says button but doesn't
actually bring up any dialog when you spacebar on it.
As has been said, the prompt creator works very well for putting labels on
these buttons.  The problem is only when you try to have somebody else
install them on their system.  But if you want to create prompts for the
buttons once you have figured out what they are for:
Tab to the button.
Press insert control tab all at the same time.
The prompt creator will begin, asking  you what you want the spoken prompt
to be.  For example you would type in web update, then enter on next.
The next asks for the braille prompt, this defaults to the same as you gave
the spoken prompt unless you change it.  Enter on next.
This asks for a tutor message.  This is if you have jaws announce tutor
messages.
So you can leave this blank, or you could type in something  like use this
to update the ad aware reference files.
Then enter on finish, or it might be done, and you are done, smile!
Now try tabbing to your button and see if you hear your label spoken.
Debbie