Re: AdAwareScriptsInstallerNowAutoRecompilesScripts

  • From: Keith Gillard <kgillard@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:05:41 -0600

Hi Dean,

Installer works great!  nice job! !

Keith

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dean Schmidt
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 12:55 PM
  Subject: AdAwareScriptsInstallerNowAutoRecompilesScripts

  Hello list members,
  As many of you know, I've not only been developing scripts, but also an
installer to package and install the scripts. My goal has been to develop an
installer
  that will install/uninstall scripts exactly the same way you would install
any other program.
  I'm looking for people to download and try out the AdAware scripts version
1.2 with an enhanced installer. You can uninstall the earlier version in the
  start menu programs list under Ad-aware scripts. After launching the new
file, you will notice that Most of the installation screens are more speech
friendly
  now. You will be presented with a list of all versions of Jaws that are on
your computer. You select one of those versions and the scripts will be
installed
  in the correct folder by default. And then, an exciting key breakthrough, the
scripts will automatically be recompiled into whichever version of Jaws you
  selected. No more recompiling by hand afterwards, and no more need to keep a
separate set of scripts for every version of Jaws.
  It's working well for me, so if I can get several people to download it and
install it in various versions of Jaws then launch AdAware to be sure that it
  recompiled Ok, then let me know how it works for you, either through the list
or privately.
  Your suggestions are welcome. I'm hoping this will become the new wave of the
future.
  The Download size is 281k and The direct download link is:
  http://www.accessibleprograms.com/AdAware/AdAwareScripts_1.2.zip
  Thanks,
  Dean.
  dschmidt1991@xxxxxxxxxxx