RE: AdAwareScripts

  • From: STEPHEN FAIL <stephen.fail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:03:25 +0100 (BST)

*correction to last post* i am using a xp home sp2 machine with v6.0 of jaws,
not v6.2 as earlier stated. stephen

STEPHEN FAIL <stephen.fail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:dean:

i am using a xp home sp2 machine with jaws v6.2. i unfortunately cannot right
arrow to the critical objects tab. the only way i found to select the objects
is to goto the list view and then hit the applications key which i then have
the option to select all objects then hitting the control key plus the letter n
i manage to complete the excercise. after saying that i am delighted in the way
i have so much more options etc available to me with the new scripts. stephen

KAnderson <kanderson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Dean,

I'm sorry to report that I have never managed to get the scripts to work
properly.  In response to your comments about the colors, I found the following
on my system.  First of all let me mention that on my desktop computer, I am
using Windows 98 SE with JFW 6.2.  I've tried to use the various color options,
but none of them help.  The help file said 32 bit color is best, but the best I
have is 24 bit.  Which option would you suggest I use?

At present zero critical objects are found, so perhaps that makes a difference.
 But, I only found a scan summary tab, a negligible objects tab, and a scan log
tab.  A critical objects tab is not there.  Not that I can find anyway.

I have a 16 color option, but haven't tried using it.

Using 256 colors, the scan summary tab is black on gray 94, and the tabs for
negligible objects and the scan log are black on light steel 1.

Using 16 bit color, the scan summary tab is black on white.  The negligible
objects tab, and the scan log tabs  are black on pale turquoise1.

Using 24 bit color, the scan summary tab is black on alice steell, and the tabs
for negligible objects and the scan log are black on light steell 1.

I do not  get anything by pressing the control tab, which JAWS tells me to do
when objects are not marked.  I do not get anything when pressing the right
arrow.  I can not route JAWS to the PC cursor.  I can not click with the mouse
buttons or access the applications menu through the application key.  The hot
keys and the help seem to work pretty good though.

Any suggestions?

Katrina