Re: Ad Aware SE Scripts

  • From: "Don Bishop" <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:45:41 -0700

Debbie,

Is it necessary to uninstall the old ad-aware or can you install ad-aware se
over the top of the old version?

Thanks,

Don

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:29:27 -0400, Debbie Scales wrote:

Hi everybody.  Well so far the scripts seem to be working for the people who
have tried them.  I only know of one problem that somebody just wrote me
about. They said
"it is not saying things like deep scanning
registry and deep scanning C".   And here was my reply.

No it should be speaking that information.  I built a frame around that area
for it to speak what it was doing as the
text changes.  I have found since about Jaws 4 when they came out with
a new method of handling frames, that when you zip up the files and then
reinstall the scripts, the frames aren't there!  If you look at the
frame list, they say they are, but if you have a sighted person look, they
aren't.  So I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, I need to find another
way to handle that.  You probably also couldn't hear the settings or web
update button.  Those buttons are just images, and not even the type of
graphics you can label.  So I'm trying to think of a way to handle it
without using frames.  For now, as you tab around the window, as you are
tabbing and you come to buttons that don't say anything, if you just press
the space bar, it will bring up the dialog.  And you will find the web
update among those.
Debbie