Re: Activating a link while in an open message

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 14:27:43 -0800

This might well be a McAfee issue. McAfee is always downloading and updating
itself so it is quite possible something has become corrupted in the process. I
think I will unload McAfee or turn it off, at least and see if this fixes the
problem. I guess I would not reformat though. The work-around so far works
well. So, unless I am not able to activate the link at all, I will use the
work-around until I get a new computer which will likely be in a few months.
Looks like I need more processing capability what with Anti spyware, virus
protection, phishing protection, spam filtering, sappi voices, automatic
updating---and who knows what else is going on--it seems as if there is so much
automatic processing happening that I rarely get a chance to use the computer
now-a-days!