RE: Accessing notepad from start menu run dialog

  • From: "Jim Grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:00:03 -0700

Why not just set a hot key for notepad and open it any where any time
you
like?
This is a good idea one reason why I do not do these kinds of things
though for computer I sell is because the user gets so dependent on
these hot keys that they have no idea how to start the program with out
them.  My girl is a perfect example of this.  When I first met her she
was trying to use a computer one day that did not have these hot keys.
She called me up and told me that word would not start.  "I keep hitting
control alt w and nothing happens".  No one told her that this was not
the normal way to start word.  To this day because she got started using
the hot  keys this is still the way she is most comfortable.