Re: Accessible web site creation tool?

  • From: Christian Bruene <2hiNRG@xxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 15:11:16 +0100

Hello everyone and a happy new year,

I followed your discussion about accessible website builders. I suggest NOT to use Microsoft tools for creating websites. The generated code is a chaos, no browser but IE will work correctly with that and maintainance will be hard by uncounted stupid tags, font definitions and unofficial html elements.

Several years ago I used the very powerful WYSIWYG editor Adobe GoLive but I´ve got no experience if it is accessible with JAWS. Compared with other WISYWIG generated code, the results were mostly valid. In the meantime I stopped creating html-only websites and started modular php coding with a text editor and a local XAMPP server installation for the development.

If you can code PHP and your website is not too complex, think of encapsulating your design and the content with it.

I am sorry that at this time there´s no english version of my website is available, but it is coming soon. If anyone is interested to check my (german) website, please contact me.

Kind regards,
Chris

Am 01.01.2011 03:57, schrieb Matthew Bullis:
Hello, I know that you can create simple web sites with Microsoft Word, but that for anything complex, like creating fillable forms, you really need something which is a dedicated web site creation tool. I've heard of Dream Weaver, but that's about all. Is that accessible for the most part, or are Jaws users confined to the tools available within Microsoft Word? I don't need anything fancy, but may need things like creating simple contact foirms, maybe a shopping cart in future, and basically a nice-looking, but simple layout. I've created a few sites before, using Frontpage Express, long discontinued, but those were text-only sites, link to link, and no forms needed. Thanks a lot for any help.
Matthew