Re: Accessible Weather Programs

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 11:48:03 -0700

Hi,
Rather than use a weather program specifically, I have a link on my desktop
that takes me to the National Weather Service.  Somehow I got into an area
where I could look up forecasts by zip code, and I saved that link to my
favorites and then put it on the desktop.  The url looks like:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/CAZ041.php?warncounty=CAC037&city=Woodland+Hills

When you click on that link, the page has an edit box where you can enter a zip
code.  Type that in and you're in business.  To read the results, type n when
the page loads and you should get to the forecast area.

Try that and see if it works.  If so, save it to your favorites and then put it
on the desktop.

Tom