RE: Accessible Kindle for PC App Released

  • From: "DJ" <grouloc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:20:44 -0500

Sheesh guys, at least they're working on it.  I'm not responding to any
particular person, but why is it that when a piece of software is first
announced to have been made accessible, people immediately complain that
it's not perfect, it won't do this, it won't do that, bla bla bla?  Yes, we
should point out that this feature or that feature could use some tweaking,
or perhaps ask what we as a community can do to help make it work more to
our liking, but can't we make a minor attempt to be a bit more diplomatic
about it?  It just seems that people come off as attacking which is not
likely to get us very far.  At least it usually seems that way to me.

As we all know, Amazon has a very large presence on the internet and I for
one am pleased that they are making an effort to bring the VI community in
with the rest of the world.  How often do you really see this kind of effort
by other major companies?

Someone had to say this.  Thanks for your time.

DJ

  _____