Re: Accessible Desktop Calendars with Alarms?

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:00:40 -0700

I recommend Day View.

Dave

  From: Bonnie Vegiard
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 15:01
  Subject: RE: Accessible Desktop Calendars with Alarms?

  I use Outlook, and have been using it through 2007 and 2010. You find the
"set up your account" link and then type in your email information, mine is
gmail, but whatever. Then it will go to your mail account and download the
messages. Since I keep my contacts and calendar in Outlook, I can sync it all
with my Nokia N 82 phone. I also set up a Mobile Me account, and now calendar
and contacts are also available on my ipod touch.

  The problem I am having is with viewing appointments once they are in the
computer. I can access them on my phone or ipod touch just fine, but on the
computer I usually have to resort to the magnification window rather than rely
on Jaws. I know the view I use is probably most of the problem. I have it set
to month view, and then when I arrow around it tells me that there are
appointments on a given day, but not what they are. I probably have to go to
day view, or maybe week? Does anyone know what the best view for Jaws may be?

  I would also like the reminder turned off by default, but haven't taken the
time to figure out how to accomplish this. If anyone knows without too much
investigation, I'd love a step by step on this.

  Bonnie