Re: Accessibility Question: Any Accessible WebDesigning Software Out There?

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 04:40:33 -0300

Good evening,

This is kind of a broad question and it depends on exactly what you are looking for. Notepad is accessible and can be used for PHP if you are lookingfor something simple. On the other hand Eclipse is accessible and very complex and can be used for PHP, there are many alternatives in the middle.

As for content management systems (CMS), I recommend Drupal because of a combination of support, a supportive accesibility group and flexibility / functionality.

Drupal Accessibility Group
http://groups.drupal.org/accessibility

Drupal
http://drupal.org

You might also benefit from joining the Blind Webbers group on YahooGroups

HTH,
Everett

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt

View my LinkedIn Profile
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ezufelt

On 15-Apr-09, at 4:45 AM, Parham Doustdar wrote:

Hi there,
I was wondering if there were any online php website designing programs (like Joomlah or EZ) that have both an accessible admin area and a particularly accessible theme that is easy to work with for the blind? Also, what about stand-alone software, such as DreamWeaver? I know that's not accessible, but I meant software like it.
Thanks!
---
Contact info:
Skype: parham-d