Re: AVG and Download

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:58:10 -0700

Hello Morey,
I'm afraid I can't imagine what Jaws 8 would be encountering on that Web
page that would silence it, so I can't be of any direct help. But if only to
confirm that it's really that version of Jaws that's the culprit, or the
victim, however you prefer to think of it (I'd say it's you who's the
victim, actually, but whatever), have you kept an earlier version of Jaws on
your PC? For instance, I still have version 7.0, which unfortunately I
launch at some point every day after Jaws 8 inconveniences me in one way or
another, some of the issues having been discussed by a lot of people here on
the list. So, if only to see whether a change of Jaws version might allow
you to get the download you want, I'd try  doing the same thing but with
Jaws 7 or whatever version other than 8 you happen to have available.

Good luck.