Re: AVG 8.5

  • From: Patrick Davis <pdavis07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:59:24 -0500

Hey all,
     I couldn't find the free AVG 8.5 update on its website.  I
Googled it and found it on fileHippo.com, which is a free software
download site I've used before with no problem.

     As far as the scans go, I don't have a perfect solution, and
unless I'm just not as computer literate as I thought I was, I don't
think the program really provides one.  So, here is what I did.

1. Open AVG, go to tools, then click on advanced options.
2. Arrow down to the seventh item, a tree-view labeled "Schedules."
3. Open it up, and there are options and check boxes which allow you
to tell it when you want it to scan for viruses.

     I have mine set to schedule every Monday at noon.  And, if I'm
working on something at the time, I just go into the system tray and
pause the scans until I'm done with whatever I'm doing.

     Not great, and I may be overlooking something, but that's what
i've got thus far.

     Hope this helps.

Pat

Alternative archives located at: