AVG

  • From: "KANE BROLIN" <k.brolin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:04:36 -0500

Hi, and happy holidays to everyone!
While recently perusing some Windows-oriented newsgroups, I ran across some
users who have really negative things to say about Norton virus protection and
Internet security products.  Sometime in 2005, I will be replacing my outdated
NSW 2003--no longer supported by Symantec--with some newer form of virus
protection.

Some users who dislike Norton have awesome things to say about AVG, which is up
to Version 7 now.  I've never heard of AVG, since I've worked mostly in
corporate environments that contract either with Symantec or Network
Associates.  I'm totally blind and have used JFW exclusively for five years;
I'm now using 5.10, on machines that run either Windows ME or XP Pro.

Is AVG accessible?  Does anyone on the group use it?  What limitations in
either tech support or capability does this program have?  Thanks in advance
for your advice.

Sincerely,

Kane Brolin