RE: AT&T Natural Voices with JFW

  • From: "Gary ODonoghue" <gary.odonoghue@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:33:26 +0100

Many thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Peterson, Jody L
Sent: 14 April 2004 17:30
To: 'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: AT&T Natural Voices with JFW

This is what I did to incorporate the AT&T voices into JFW 5.0:

1.  Install the AT&T voices from the CDs.

2. From JFW, Do a Jaws key + j to bring up the JFW menu.

3.  select Language from the list and then change synthesizer.

4.  Select the SAPI 4 detect option.  This should find the AT&T voices
as well as any other sapi 4 compliant voice you have installed.  It will
ask you which ones you want to install and you just select them and hit
enter.

5. After this is done, go back into the change synthesizer menu and you
should see the AT&T voices as a synthesizer .  Select it.

6.  Now, you should hear the AT&T voice speaking.  You can go to the
voice settings  to change the rate and voice for the different jfw
voices.

Hope this helps.

Jody Peterson

EDS - CRM Applications Delivery