Re: ATI Radeon 7000 Video card

  • From: "Gary Jackson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:15:11 -0500

Hi Chip,

Yes, it's good that you aren't having any problems but  I think there is a
real problem with the radeon chip sets that FS has simply not dealt with.
I've personally used the 7000, 9000, and now the 9200 with the same results,
jaws does not play like it should with these cards. Obviously others have
had the same problems and FS has acknowledged that they have had problems
with the radeon for close to two years. I don't think this is a radeon issue
specifically but try this and see if you have some  display issues. Try
unchecking control type in the default configuration manager. What I get is
several things that jaws won't read any more. If I change mail boxes in O E
it doesn't read the subject line of the message it lands on. Also, by using
the keystrokes such as alt F or alt T to open the drop down menus it will no
longer read the menu item. That is with the latest version, 5.00.844, of
jaws.

Gary