ATI Mobility radeon x1600

  • From: "Vic Llanes" <v.llanes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:39:52 -0400

I have a new HP laptop with an ATI Mobility radeon x1600 and I couldn't get
Jaws to work properly. I followed all the FS display setting recommendation. I
keep having to unload Jaws then start it again. After a while of use, I would
stop having access to the system tray and when I press insert f11 Jaws would
just say "System tray, nothing selected." In the desktop, I would still hear
items getting spoken as I cursor up and down but when I press insert 5 or
insert 8, it would just say blank. In all applications, nothing happens if I
press insert home or insert  pgdn. When I use the Jaws cursor, it would just
say blank. Even in notepad it says blank even if there is something written.
When all these happens, I have to unload Jaws then reload it again and then it
would work for a while again this would go and on and on.

I'm using the latest version of Jaws and XP pro.

I called FS tech support  3 times already but they just make me  change a few
things and tell me that I should try it to see if the problem goes away. Any
suggestions?

Thanks.
Vic.