AIM 6.0 Issues

  • From: "Dan Kerstetter" <dhk55@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:50:09 -0400

First of all I'm writing this because I just happened to notice on the AIM 5.0
upgrade screen there is a notice that AIM 5 will be blocked in the future.  I
don't know when this will happen, but after taking a look at the latest JAWS 8
help for AOL Instant Messenger, I decided to install the new AIM.  I should
point out here that if you install the new one, your system will also retain
the older version.

After installing AIM 6.0, I found out that there were a few things which didn't
work according to the JFW documentation.

The problems occur in the instant message window.  According to the JAWS help
file, the message window should function similarly to the message window in
Windows Messenger or MSN.  This means that alt plus 1 through 0 will get you

Neither of these functions work.  I would appreciate any suggestions about
anything I might change to make the program function properly.

Thanks in advance.

Dan