Re: A very concerning trend.

  • From: "Al Puzzuoli" <apuzzuoli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:48:29 -0400

Hi,

Just as an addendum, I spoke with a representative of the company whom I
used as an example in my initial message regarding this topic.  They
apologized for the inconvenience and immediately offered to send me samples
to evaluate in Microsoft word format.  So, this particular situation was
resolved, but the bigger problem still exists.  I suppose I could call every
company  and request examples be sent, or call companies like Yahoo to have
someone activate an account for me, but as this trend continues, the
convenience we have come to know online will be seriously compromised.  Up
until now, this sort of graphical presentation has been an annoyance, but I
had only seen it in the context of security when verifying account signups.

If its use spreads to other types of content, we'll have a real problem.

--Al