Re: A question about captchas.

  • From: "William L. Houts" <cadexi@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 06:14:15 -0700

This is incorrect.  There IS a solution to the captcha problem and it was
designed especially for the blind.  There's an application for your web browser
called Webvisum, and it solves the visual captcha for you then pastes it into
your clipboard.  First, you need to be using Firefox.  Then download Webvisum
---I don't know the URL offhand, but you can look it up on Google, of course.
Once you're registered as a Webvisum user you can download it.  Then, when
you're faced with one of those things, you hit your application key and one of
the options will be Solve Captcha.  Select that and it will take about twenty
to thirty seconds to do it's work.  Finally, it will announce that the captcha
solution is in your clipboard and you can just paste it into the edit field.
I've heard that it occasionally fails, but I've never had this happen.

Cheers,

Bill