RE: A question about captchas.

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:36:02 -0400

I think James would agree this is JAWS- and screenreader-related because
Webvisum, the company, requires some evidence of visual disability by virtue
of demanding that new users obtain invitations. My apologies to James if he
disagrees.

I have experience with Webvisum, for which Firefox is needed. Once you have
followed the website's instructions (listed in another reply) for obtaining
an invitation, Webvisum makes CAPTIA very easy. Land on the webpage and
press alt-control-6. You don't even need to be in the relevant field. Wait a
few moments and Webvisum will notify you that the field has been filled in.
Press the button to go to the next page, and you'll be in. It's a little
spooky.

  _____