Re: A question about Skype and recording

  • From: "Cliff Self" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 20:43:58 -0800

I'm not sure about later operating systems, but in Windows XP you need to make
a change in the Volume Control Utility.
1. Open up the volume control, usually found in your system tray.
2. Press alt plus P for the Options menu.
3. Press R for Properties.
4. Tab to the radio buttons for Playback and Record.
5. Arrow to the Record button and press Enter.
6. This should put you on the Record page where only one input can be selected.
 Arrow to the select box for Stereo Mix and press Spacebar to select it.
Sometimes Stereo Mix is called What You Hear.  If this is the case, then select
that.

Once Stereo Mix is selected you will record everything you hear from your
speakers or headphones, including Jaws.

You can leave this page open, because you will probably want to select the
microphone again once you're done recording.

Hope this helps,

Cliff