Re: A question about Jaws with Sonar.

  • From: "JM Casey" <crystallogic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 19:12:04 -0400

        Hello.

Sorry to be resurrecting a fairly old topic, but I only just noticed this, anI
am also interested in this.  In my experience there is no way for a blind
person to "perfectly" use a sound editor as there are simply operations that
can't be done as quickly and efficiently without being able to see wave forms,
meters and so on. It would help a little bit if you could take advantage of a
braille display, but only so much. In any case, I'm curious to try Sonar
because of the script functionality. Are the JSonar scripts well done? They are
free....I have heard that there are other scripts designed by someone that you
can pay for..is this so, or am I getting confused with soundforge or some other
programme?
Also, from what I have seen there are several versions of sonar available.
Which one are the scripts designed for, exactly?

Thanks a lot...