A mail server command isn't a message to a person (was Re: Do the admins actually read their messages?)

  • From: Yardbird <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:12:59 -0700

Hi Paul,

Sorry if you know this already, but what you're having trouble with isn't
anything to do with emailing the moderator or administrator of the mailing
list. Subscribing and unsubscribing are done by emailing the mail server
program, one address for subscribing, the other for unsubscribing. When it
works properly, which doesn't seem to be happening for you, it doesn't involve
a human being seeing the message and either ignoring it or doing something.
it's purely automated. I'm not sure that's been made clear yet.

Good luck, and sorry you're having so much trouble with this. I hope it gets
straightened out soon.

Joel
        From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Saturday, June 13, 2009, 5:40 PM

        At 05:29 PM 6/13/2009, you wrote:
        > Dave, don't be patronizing, please. I can read and I followed the
instructions to the letter.

        And what happened? Did you get any error message back from the software
running the list?

        Alternative archives located at:

or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact