A ghost in OE

  • From: Adam Daou <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 22:36:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,
This morning after sending a reply message to a
sender, Jaws 6.0 started reading an invisible and
unknown OE message in someone's XP home, although the
sender?s message was still sitting there, selected and
already dealt with. This is a very confusing situation
for the user who has to rely on speech output. I have
seen delayed or unsynchronized speech messages in IE,
but never in OE. Insert Escape didn?t help, and the
screen resolution is fine. I know about hidden or
homeless windows at the programming level, but a ghost
detected and read by Jaws in OE, is that possible? I,
like many of us, tend to rely on Jaws speech reports.
Is this an OE or Jaws related case? Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Adam