Re: 32bit and 64bit

  • From: "Amarjit Powar" <powar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:12:53 -0700

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/computer-programming-channel.htm

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Daniel McGee
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:20 PM
  Subject: 32bit and 64bit

  Hello everyone, I just wanted to know what is the difference between a 32bit
computer and a 64bit one? I heard this on the what's new pordcast of jaws 11
and I looked on the internet but I didn't understand what it ment. Is it
something to do with memory or something? A plain simple expermation will be
greatful! However I don't mind if some of you want to get a little technical.
Just give me the simple basic differences before launching into technical
details about the two different numbers!
  Many Thanks
  Daniel