Re: 2 more problems with JAWS 9

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:16:08 -0800

Hi Don,

I sympathize with the first problem you describe, and hope your report was
taken note of at FS. Did they say they'd been told of it before? Did they
appear to be logging it as a consumer report? They should have.

But as for the second, I kind of doubt that's a Jaws problem. I think it's
just Windows and Word. There are several scenarios in which Word asks me if
I want to save before closing a document and/or exiting Word, not all of
them logical. The one about asking if you wish to retain what you've copied
to the clipboard is a reasonable, considerate Windows thing just checking
prudently if you're sure you don't need that material that's being held in
RAM for the clipboard anymore. That isn't a mistaken message.

As for Word asking if you want to save before closing a document or exiting,
when you don't think you've done anything to change it, so why should you be
asked whether you want to save, well, I think that's a peculiarity of Word
that must be borne with . For instance, if I am in a Word document that's
saved already, and I do nothing while it's open except to print it on my
printer, inevitably I'm asked if I wish to save changes on the way out. What
changes, I mumble, but then press control s just  in case there's something
going on I don't understand and I'll be sorry if I don't. How much trouble
is it, after all. It's mostly the seeming illogicality that's annoying, so
far as I can see.

So don't worry about complaint Number 2. And good luck with the first one,
which I haven't encountered yet, but I just don't happen to have had
occasion to copy something selectively from one email to another very often.