Re: 2 dsl questions

  • From: "Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:05:03 -0500

I am not sure what Verizon supplies with their modem. Most DSL modems do not contain a firewall. If you go for the home network package, you'd probably get a modem/router with a firewall. Since you have Norton Internet Security, you don't need a hardware firewall. But, I do have Norton Internet Security and also have a hardware firewall as part of my router. But, you don't need both.

I wouldn't install Verizon's software; just have them set the thing up to run with Internet Explorer.

Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: "bjones" <shawnee@xxxxxxxx>