RE: 16 bit Windows Subsystem error message

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:26:40 -0500

You have a choice under xp/win2k of 2 different dos emulators;
command.com and cmd.com.  This error comes from, I believe, the default
one of CMD.COM.  You could try switching to command.com by using the run
dialog to run command.com (it may not be on the path, so you may have to
search for it).

Chip Orange
Database Administrator
Florida Public Service Commission