Jerusalem Machoz Coordinators Fw: ‏‏FW: THE WAVE - Professional US/UK production touring Israel in November

  • From: Pat Talshir <ptalshir@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jerusalem_machoz_coord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jerusalem_machoz_coord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jerusalem_coordinators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jerusalem_coordinators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:45:29 +0100 (BST)

________________________________

A professional theatre company, The American Drama Group Europe (ADGE) will be
touring Israel with a theatrical performance of THE WAVE from November 9-28,
2014. ADG's production of THE WAVE was written with the express permission of
the author and explores the complex and fascinating themes of the book in a
dynamic and accessible piece of theater which stays true to the storyline of
the text.
A trailer for the play can be found on this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA-ZR2xMWH4.
This performance is not just for the bagrut students studying the text.  It is
about using drama as a tool to excite students about learning English and it is
also about getting students "turned on" to live drama.
ADGE has been coming to Israel for six years, performing energetic productions
of Shakespeare to student and adult audiences. As proven by the enthusiastic
response of schools for their Shakespeare productions, the actors of ADGE have
the professional skills to engage students in live English theater. Over 900
students in Israel attended the February performances of Romeo  & Juliet from
Zichron Yaacov to Beersheva.  In Zichron Yaacov, where over 350 students
attended two performance of  Romeo & Juliet, the Ulpanit Ort from Tiveria and
ORT Greenberg from Tivon both returned for their third consecutive year to
Zichron,each with over 40 students. In Tel Aviv we had schools coming from
Kiryat Shmona and Kfar Kanna to a special student matinee because the two
performances in Zichron Yaacov had sold out a full month before the opening. If
this is what ADGE can do with Shakespeare, how much more so for THE WAVE.  THE
WAVE is a story which so many
 Israeli students already know from the movie or reading it in Hebrew, the
actors are portraying kids their same age and the script was written for high
school students in modern English - THE WAVE has already played to over 60.000
students in Germany, Austria, Belgium and Holland.
I am writing now about this November tour because I want to reach out to
teachers before the end of the school year as they are considering texts and
curriculum for September and because I am trying to plan  the schedule based on
real demand, rather than my assumptions on demand.  Already I have had demand
in the North for at least one full week.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely yours,
Judy Kleinman
Producer
American Drama Group
054-646-1688
http://www.adg-europe.com/

More information on ADGE can be found in the following articles from the
Jerusalem Post. The first article was a two-page special feature in the Friday
edition "Magazine" and the second article was a review of Romeo & Juliet in
February.
http://www.jpost.com/Magazine/Features/Shakespeare-in-the-desert-341363
http://www.jpost.com/Arts-and-Culture/Arts/Theater-review-343646
I am also attaching an article about the Tel Aviv student matinee
(http://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-and-arab-teens-watch-star-crossed-lovers-tale-together/).