Jerusalem Machoz Coordinators FW: Civil Rights at 50: American History as a Tool for Social Change

  • From: פט טלשיר <patal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jerusalem_machoz_coord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jerusalem_machoz_coord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jerusalem_coordinators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jerusalem_coordinators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:25:19 +0000

On November 2nd we are going to host David
Goldfield<http://davidgoldfield.us/speak.html>, an American History expert from
the U.S who will hold a program for teachers and educators on “Civil Rights at
50: American History as a Tool for Social Change”.
The year 2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the 1964 Civil Rights Act which
ended racial segregation (primarily in the American South) in public
accommodations and established precedents for gender equality and affirmative
action.  The anniversary provides an opportunity to assess how far America has
come in fulfilling the aspirations of African Americans for full equality.

We will be very happy to see you here and will appreciate it if you could send
the information to teachers who might be interested in this program.

Sunday | November 2nd | 16:00 | at the American Center, 19 Keren Hayesod St.
Free entrance with registration here: : REGISTRATION
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VgjvgLR5iRh4eOyUMiIyDVKrq0O1ShqshjqTLjRCf8g/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link>

With all the best wishes,
Shira

Shira Harel-Elbaz