[jawsscripts] Re: why is jaws soooo poor at reading installation dialogs?

  • From: "G-Dog" <lucifur@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 13:33:22 -0700

Agreed!
I think it has something to do with reading highlighted text.
I'm thinking that text in many instal dialog boxes is not quote highlighted
unquote.
Therefore, jfw doesn't pick up on it.
JFW instal dialog boxes itself reads everything just perfect!
ON the other hand, Adobe flash player update installers is brutal!  All I
get is the letters q which, I guess means quit.  And, the letter I, for
install.
That company needs to be newked!
The JFW cursor always reads desktop items when arrowing down to read some
porrly designed dialog boxes, program intergfaces etc, etc.
Overall, I find jfw 12 to be filled with focus issues that they fixed in
version 11 and broke again in 12.
Sometimes text doesn't take on my google homepage whilst in forms mode.  I
have to tab to the search button then enter the text in the search fieled
again.
This became a problem in jfw 9 with the creation of auto formsmode on and
the associateing sounds.
JFW also has serious problems figuring out window layers.
If I have notepad openned it seems to get in the way of other windows even
though they are in focus.
Same goes when I have an email message open in OE.

But really folks, are you surprised?

G-Dog