[jawsscripts] Re: using remote access software with Jaws

  • From: "Ann Marie Medlar" <amedlar1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 06:28:00 -0400

Hi Roy,
Below is title of doc that I downloaded from FS site.  It seems to me that
maybe request that the web master create an alt  text file to explain
picture.  Here is what I got from FS doc:
Research-It-Creating-Rule-Sets-for-JAWS.doc
On page 9 of doc:
But what if we're still not satisfied?  What if we want even more
information?  It might be useful also to know the direction of the change.
In other words, did the Dow go up or down?  Looking again at the source code
for the page, we can see that there is information about the direction of
the change that is located between the price and the change amount.  The bad
news is that the direction of the change is portrayed in graphical form by
retrieving an image from elsewhere on the Internet.  This graphic is used to
indicate up or down for the change.  Fortunately for us, the webmaster for
this site included alt text for the graphic which can be retrieved and
spoken by a screen reader.
Ask and you will receive.  Good luck.
Ann