[jawsscripts] reconstituting/building strings with sufficient NewLineCharacters?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:05:41 +1000

Another brief Question to ask/consult the comunity wisdom about if I may?  But,
can anyone give me the definitive word upon what's needed when wanting to
concatinate a bunch of strings such that they contain the characters necessary
to display the separate reconstituted components, on separate lines? such that
if/when loaded into virtual viewer, they will display on separate lines in
there?
 e.g. (note the backslash characters in front of each of the below, in case
punctuation excludes,)
but, does one need to build the string with "\r", or "\r\n", or, just "\n?"
to achieve this?
I'm pulling apart a string grabbed from an onscreen textual frame, line by line
with stringSegment, replacing some text based on some necessary crossChecking
using various if conditions, and I'm successfully using just "\n" for my
stringSegment delimiter to do that,
But this of course doesn't necessarily disprove the potentiality of the string
also containing "\r" in it as well,)
and then I'm wanting to rebuild it again. and I wish to insure that when I
rebuild the string, the same line per line format, will be maintained, after my
reconstitution, as was there before the multiLine string was messed with?

thanks for any thoughts on this.

Geoff c.