[jawsscripts] Re: need explanation of this error message

  • From: "Tom Reid" <tom.reid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:53:56 -0000

Hi Jamal,

Thanks, prob seems fixed.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: jawsscripts-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:jawsscripts-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jamal Mazrui
Sent: 21 February 2010 13:46
To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Tom Reid
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: need explanation of this error message

I assume that you are using the IEMax, FXMax, or Thunderbird scripts.
They use a Windows Script Component in the file Homer.wsc.  The technology
behind such a COM server is explained in the following article:

Doctor Scripto's Script Shop:
Windows Script Components Have a COM-ing Effect
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee692823.aspx

For anyone who gets an error message about loading the Homer COM object,
please try the suggestions in the following article:

When I run a script in Windows Script, I receive an error message:
"Library not registered"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140

I wish I knew why this problem happens on some computers (seems to be
Windows XP only though).  Users have reported that following that article
seems to solve the problem.

One modification to that is that a Vista64 user said he heard the error
message when the script documentation opened automatically after installing
the scripts -- apparently, when IE is in a "protected mode"
for some reason (the installer opens the .htm file in a standard way, so I
do not understand why Vista invokes a protected mode without asking).
  After the installation process, however, this user said he no longer got
the error message when using IEMax.

Hope this helps,
Jamal