[jawsscripts] help with finding fields

  • From: "Philip Gates" <p_gates@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:09:59 -0400

trying to write scripts for a program called " Service Center". What I am
trying to do is make short cuts keys to go to certain fields. I  don't know
what programming language it is written in, but I do know that it is not
html. I try to use the function : FindString  and wrote a script to search
by word for the label name. neither of these work does any one know what
would be a good function to use. Below is my code I wrote for this, which
did not work.
*************** Script EmployeeId ()

; this will move to the Employee ID field

var

string SName,

handle HReal

let SName = "Employee"

let Hreal = GetRealWindow (GetFocus ())

; the below command did not bring back any value.

SayInteger (hReal); speak the value of the window handle

FindString (HReal,SName,S_TOP,S_UNRESTRICTED )

EndScript

Script EmpId ()

Var

Int IWhileLimit,

String SSearch

Let IWhileLimit = 0

let SSearch = "Employee"

JAWSCursor ()

RouteJAWSToPc ()

JAWSPageUp ()

JAWSHome ()

NextLine ()

While IWhileLimit < 30

sayword()

if StringContains (GetWord(), SSearch) == 1 then

SayWord ()

Let IWhileLimit = 30

EndIf

NextWord ()