[jawsscripts] Re: detecting numbers,

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:35:12 +1000

Hi David,

Yes, the quotes were there only to indicate that between them was the exact
content of the variable.

Note:  Jitendra, you should try Davids idea of using GetChunk in place of
GetWord in this situation.

David, As for the GetWord, I failed to check what that picked up.  I based
the script I posted on what Jitendra posted, and assumed, wrongly I now
realise, that GetWord would pick up the text correctly.

I actually used my  stock test script with the InputBox function in a while
loop, to enter the sample strings & store the results in a string, to paste
to the post via CopyToClipboard.  I use the same test script for testing
other string functions.

I posted the modified version in the same format as Jitendra's sample, so as
not to confuse the picture with the loop etc.

Regards,
Paul from Aust