[jawsscripts] braille display sometimes shows the buttons

  • From: marquats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:45:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have a problem with an application that sends text to a braille display
using BrailleBuildLine. The App is self-written and not published yet. It
writes the text to the screen (label), and Jaws reads the text from there.

The function AutoStartEvent contains the line:
 SetBrailleMode (BRL_MODE_STRUCTURED)

This works, but not always. Some test users have tried the program, and
they report that there is a problem with specific braille displays. Some
displays don't show the intended text but the text written on the buttons
on the App's window instead. It also seems that this error occurs sporadic
with some configurations.

I haven't found out how to correct this error. Sometimes it helps to
restart Jaws and the App, but with specific braille displays it doesn't
work at all.

Can anyone suggest to me what the reason for this behavior could be, or
what can be done about it?

Greets and thanks in advance, Thomas Marquardt