[jawsscripts] What Exactly does SpeechInUse Indicate?

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 00:02:36 -0400

The FSDN does not clearly indicate exactly what the SpeechInUse function does.
Will it return True if JAWS is busy speaking?  If a user is in an application
and is actively navigating with arrow keys or listening to JAWS read in a
SayAll function, should this function in a default script return true?  Does
JAWS actually continue to process other functions in these cases, or is it on
hold while speaking?  Is there a queue or buffer for things being spoken, or is
that function put on hold while speaking before being allowed to continue?  Or
does this function simply mean something else like Speech is enabled?
Hope I am not confusing everyone with my confusion!

Don Marang