[jawsscripts] Re: Viewing script documentation in script manager

  • From: "Jim Snowbarger" <Snowman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 21:42:56 -0600

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions beyond what more competent people have
already mentioned about this strange one.  But hey, it's JAWS.

But anyway, It prompted me to want to mention a free set of scripts for the
script manager, posted on my site,
http://snowmanRadio.com
I use these all the time myself, and find them wonderfully handy.    I'll
put a dropbox link  at the end.

Some of the features provided are as follows:

Put your cursor on a function call, and press f9 to jump directly to the
body of that function.  Press control+f9 to return back to the calling
point.  Works only in the present JSS file,as  do many of these.

Put the cursor on a constant, and press a hot key to find it's definition,
in the jss, or any included jsh.

Set up to 10 book marks with alt+1 through 9, and control+1 through 9 keys
to go there.  Very simplistic, uses line numbers.  So, editing will move
them.  Sorry about that.  Make sure the status bar is enabled in the view
menu.

Use control+enter, windows+enter and alt+enter to control the indentation of
the next new line, whether to indent, outdent, or stay at the same level.
Yes, I know, many of you non-braille users ignore indentation.  It drives
braille users nuts!
I know well why you do that.
But, with hot keys like that, it's a lot easier to keep it straight.  And
also, a hot key to determine the current indentation level.

Also, one of my favorites, place the cursor on an if statement, or while,
and press control+down arrow to jump directly to the corresponding endIf, or
endwhile.  Yes, it does elses too.  And control up arrow goes backward.
It's great for when you get to an if statement, and you know you don't care
about the subordinant logic, and just want to skip past it. Hit the hot key,
and bingo, you move on.

Enhanced the f2 keystroke, to move from one function to the next,  or
shift+f2 to go backward, to make it snappy, like it used to be before FS
made it so it doesn't highlight the function name.  Ever done that?  Jumped
to afunction, then bumped the space bar, and wiped out the functionname?
When FS fixed that, the key got slower, and I got annoyed about it.  Snappy
again.  Snappy is my middle name.

What else?  Press f5 to solicit a hot key, and go jump directly to the
script that has that key attached in the JKM.  Yes, you can specify a jkm
with a different name too.

Speak comment text in a different voice from regular logic.  Great for
Andrew's  slash star problem.

Cursor down, and find a block of commented stuff, and press a hot key to
skip past it.  Or set a mode to have it skip that stuff automatically.  Yep,
it beeps to tell you it did that.  Works going down as well as up.

And, who was it that gave me the event toolKit?  Where you can get a list of
event functions, and insert the header automatically.  Somebody on this
list, I think.  Perhaps out of date by now, but easily updated.  That's in
there too.

Not sure if this one is in there, or if you currently also need to install
JLS_Utilities, which is my free equivalent of Doug's excellent toolbox.
Come to think of it, this one requires that, because it lives in the default
set.
But, with this one, married up with the script manager scripts, you can put
your cursor on a blank line, and press f6 f7 or f8.  Depending on which is
pressed, You are solicited for the name of a variable, integer or string, or
for a string of literal text.  Then, a specialized function call is added to
your script logic which, if executed, (ever know a function that did stuff
when it wasn't executed?)  will put the contents of the variable into an
accumulating  buffer that can be examined with the virtual viewer. So, you
can operate your application, and get an extensive debug trail of variable
values at various points in your code, speaking the values as they are
added.  And you can then return to the script manager and examine your debug
record in the presence of your unasailable logic.    That's why they sit in
the default level, so you can get to them no matter where you are.   The
function calls are marked  with a special symbol so you can easily find them
when cleaning up later.

Probably several other things that escape me right now.  But, if you want
them.  Here they are.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677477/Script%20Manager17.zip