[jawsscripts] Re: Video Intercept Errors

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:07:40 -0400

When I update drivers manually I usually have jaws turned off, use narrator
or some other method of installation such as silent install etc, then I
reinstall the jaws video intercept if jaws complains when I restart the
system. This usually works fine. The only problem I've seen happens when
automatic  updates does the updating and the user doesn't know, thus jaws is
still running, or when people because they need speech during the
update/install use jaws and leave it on to install the new card drivers or
update existing ones. This doesn't happen on all cards, but a lot of them
do. I've mostly experienced this with Nvidia cards; I have 2 computers here
with onboard ATI cards and the drivers for those can be installed/updated
with no effect to jaws whatsoever if it's running...

HTH, D!J!X!