[jawsscripts] Troubles with iTunes in Win XP

  • From: "John Martyn" <johnrobertmartyn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:26:59 -0700

This is going to sound a little strange, but now in the preferences window,
when you tab, it skips all the objects contained within that window. It only
happens under the first two tabs, but the rest of them work fine. This
problem started with iTunes 10.6 and happens with or without the blind tunes
scripts.
My question is, can I walk through focusing objects if I know the window
handle of the preference window? I was thinking for XP systems, I could
create a tab and shift tab key script that will walk through the objects,
but I don't see any function that could do this. I am really at a loss as to
what I can do for XP systems other than email accessibility@xxxxxxxxx and
pray they hear my message.

The tab key as it is in XP just jumps to SDM controls though you can change
the tabs just fine. I am guessing apple removed the tab index somehow.

What should I do? If I can fix it for XP systems, I'd like to because apple
most likely isn't going to do something for the old XP operating system.

I am using the focusChangedEventX to work with the object elements. If I use
the objectStateChanged Event iTunes goes nuts and doesn't respond.

Thanks in advance,

John Martyn