[jawsscripts] Re: Putting application windows in the virtual buffer

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 02:43:20 +1100

Thanks chad also for sharing this alternative method of sayFormattedMesage
with output type of OT_USER_BUFFER, for adding stuff to virtual viewer.
I never knew about that one before.

But, given your indication of the potential advantages though, of using your
secondary method, which is what I've been using, re adding all the text
first with UserBufferAddText lines, then using UserBufferActivate at the
end,
i.e. this not running the risk of obscuring other windows onScreen from
which you may be needing clear to grab onScreen Text from etc,
Could you perhaps share the particular reasons why you choose the
SayFormattedMessage method as your primary one?
There obviously must be some advantage to outweigh what I can myself only
see at present as being potentially disadvantageous, due to reasons you
described, but at present I'm unable to glean what those advantages might
be?

thanks.

geoff c.