[jawsscripts] Passing Keystrokes to another application

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:12:19 -0400

Hi listers,
I have another project.  DirecTV has an application that runs on your PC and
lets you watch programs recorded on their R22 DVR.  The problem I am having is
that the main screen is like Windows Media Center and uses the full screen.
When viewing a recorded show in standard definition (SD), a separate window
appears in front that contains the video.  This window owner is quartz.dll.
Unfortunately, the audio and hotkeys for playback control are only available
when the main window, _wingdi.exe, is in the foreground!

Is there a way to write scripts for quartz.dll that can pass keystrokes like
Control +p to pause the show to the main window, _wingdi.exe?

Don Marang