[jawsscripts] Re: Packaging JAWS Scripts for installation

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 16:21:42 +0300

For beeing able to translate anything, you need to be able to understand what
you need to translate.

When Gettext extracts the strings to be translated from the source files, they
also use to add a comment for each string, telling in which file and at what
line can be found that string, so if you don't understand the context, you can
check the source code.

In case of non open source programs, the source code is not available, so such
comments wouldn't be helpful anyway. So you need to guess how you should
translate the strings. And after using the program, you can find if some
strings are not translated very correctly, and you can change the translation
and resend it to the owner of the program, asking him to add it in the next
version.

(Or I misunderstood your query about the %1 and %2 variable parts?)

Octavian