[jawsscripts] Re: Object from an event?

  • From: "Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:00:29 -0500

Hi Jim,
No expert on this myself. My understanding from reading others' musings on
this over the years, and in particular an excellent post by Michael Currant
back in the dark ages, these functions, which are actually Windows
API/Microsoft things that JAWS just has  aJAWS script wrapper around,
generate a meaningless event for the window to coax it to provide an MSAA
object.
Kind of as a response, otherwise apparently the window does not just make
the MSAA objects available in an array or something.
My guess is the MSAA functions of the window return an object as a return
value, so these functions coax the window to run these functions.

There used to be a sample of how to implement  MSAA for a custom button on
the internet. If we looked there we may discover something. I used to have
the sample but can't seem to find it and its apparently no longer easily
findable though some blog posts still reference it if you search for
"IAccessible Implementation Sample for a Custom Push Button"
If someone still has this sample C++ code I'd love to rediscover it.