[jawsscripts] Object from an event?

  • From: "Jim Snowbarger" <Snowman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 21:12:38 -0500

Can somebody please translate this inscrutible line into shirt sleeve english
for me?
Several of the descriptions of jaws builtins that deal with objects contain the
line, this object is generated by an event.
Examples are GetObjectFromEvent, and GetObjectNameFromEvent.
What do events have to do with this?  You call these with a window handle, and
they get the object associated with that window.  I don't get the event part.
I know there are some object methods, in some cases, where you can register the
name of a jaws script function which will be called by the object when
something happens.  but, this doesn't seem to be that case.
What's the deal with this?
I never have understood that, and feel like I might be missing something
important.