[jawsscripts] Re: Need help on AutoFinishEvent function

  • From: "Don Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:29:35 -0500

I could not think of one either.  That is why I suggested the easiest
solution.  The AutoFinishEvent, as you suggested is the best method to
determine when the application closes or focus moves away from the
application.  I was thinking of testing the last keystroke with a call to
GetScriptKey and look for the absence of Alt + Tab or Alt + Shift + Tab.
There are two problems with this.

1.  I did not do any testing if this call still holds the last key pressed
in this case.  AutoFinishEvent is not a script, it is an event that gets
triggered when windows acts upon this script called previously.  It might
work?  I can not think of any easy way at the moment to retrieve the last
keystroke.

2.  There are other ways to move the focus to another application, such as
starting another application from the Start menu, using a hotkey to go to
the Desktop, or bringing up a JAWS dialog.  All of these conditions need to
be considered when writing the logic.

Don Marang

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real
substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working
on things that matter.
Dean Kamen