[jawsscripts] Re: Making 64-bit JAWS Talk to 32-bit COM Servers

  • From: Chad Foster <chad.foster@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:06:04 -0400

Thanks for the link. I think I may have found an automated tool that
can port it over, although I've yet to produce the finished program.

Based on what I've read, no 64-process can talk directly with a 32-bit
COM server, so it's not a JAWS limitation. Rather, it's a limitation
of the operating system.

On 3/21/12, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It can not be done directly, here's an article that discusses why and
> some things you can do:
> http://blog.mattmags.com/2007/06/30/accessing-32-bit-dlls-from-64-bit-code/
>
> On 3/21/12, Chad Foster <chad.foster@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to make 64-bit JAWS communicate with a 32-bit VB
>> COM server? JAWS works perfectly while on a 32-bit OS, but in a 64-bit
>> environment, JAWS cannot instantiate the COM server.
>>
>> All thoughts are appreciated.
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> Chad

> Soronel Haetir
> soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx

Chad Foster
Access Technology Solutions
Leveling The Playing Field Through Technology
http://www.GO-ATS.net