[jawsscripts] Re: MS Communicator 2007

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 08:09:09 -0400

Hi,
You can use communicator without scripts. You just have to keep tabbing between
the edit window and the message window. Also, go into the options and turn
sounds on for receiving messages, and make sure that they are never muted. That
said, I think it would be difficult to create scripts for Communicator, because
there seems to be no reliable way to tell where one message ends and the other
begins. You could get a script to read the message window, but you might have
difficulty making key strokes for reading back through messages. I hope I'm
wrong about this, because I also use communicator, and would benefit if there
were scripts that did some of the automatic things scripts for other messaging
clients do.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Highmark recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility here.